Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Testimony Tag

With one of the themes of our Saturday evening adult meeting of Stake Conference a few weeks ago, I've become more aware of opportunities to share testimony (in unobtrusive ways) with those we mingle with. Mingling can happen in many ways today - especially with the great tool of the internet.

I found this as I browsed the subject of using the internet for promoting the Gospel. I thought it had merit. Below I've included an example found on a personal blog that highlights this. It is subtle, noticeable, and invites curiosity without confronting others with the "golden question". (It is found HERE)

Wouldn't it be fun to have a RS Meeting where examples such as these are shared by your own ward members?

You might want to see the actual link where I found this idea - which is HERE.

Here is what Elder Ballard has said concerning the subject:

Elder M. Russell Ballard said "May I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet, particularly the New Media, to share the gospel and to explain in simple and clear terms the message of the Restoration." (See video below)

Sharing your testimony or experiences of the Gospel via a blog has three principal benefits:

  1. You increase your faith in the Gospel and stand as a witness of Christ.

  2. You help increase the faith of your readers and may interest some to learn more about the Mormon Church.

  3. You increase the likelihood that individuals searching for information about the Church on the web will be more likely to find fair and accurate information about the Church.

Sample Personal Blog Post:

Our Family is Forever

On our recent trip, while filling up at a gas station, Neal saw a bumper sticker that gave him a brilliant idea. Pretty soon he was writing in the dust on the back window. It took me a moment to figure out what he wrote (since I was reading it backwards from inside the car). I had to chuckle when I realized that he had written mormon.org. What better way to let people know that this is our religion and we are proud of it. I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Our trip was wonderful and a challenge at the same time. As hard as it is to travel 3500 miles with three kids, 5 and younger, it was so worth it to be able to spend such quality time together. I love my husband and children I am so thankful to know that we can be an together forever. "What matters most is what lasts the longest..." and I hope my family knows that they are what matters most to me.


(You have to look really close because the rain washed most of the dirt away.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers